We answer some questions (FAQ)
Cancel an order
Information about canceling an order can be found in our general terms and conditions under Article 9: Right of withdrawal.
When will my order be delivered?
Articles in stock are delivered within 1-3 days. In general, a maximum delivery period of 30 days applies unless otherwise indicated.
How do I track my repair?
As soon as your repair is ready we will notify you by email.
How long does the repair of my article take?
This depends on which product it is. Once a repair is requested you will receive an estimated date.
Are your products always in stock?
No, the products are not always in stock. No, the products are not always in stock. But you can ask to be informed when the product is back in stock. It is also indicated per product if it is in stock or not.
Did you receive my return?
As soon as your product arrives at Circus JOJO, we will let you know by way of a confirmation e-mail. Of course, this takes some processing time. Do you see, for example, on the site of the carrier that your package has been delivered to us, but you still have no mail? No worries. It will come as soon as the package is processed.
Why do I get the message that my e-mail address is already in use?
If you already have a private account with this e-mail address, you cannot create a business account with this e-mail address.
You need a different e-mail address for each account.
If you want to create a business account with an email address known to CircusJOJ.be, you have two options:
- change the email address of the private account
- use a different email address for the business account.
How do I report a change of address?
If you are logged in, you’ll see a figure in the top right corner with your name underneath. If you click on this, you’ll see: “Details”. Here, you can enter your new address and save it. If you only want to change your shipping details, untick the box next to “Same as billing address”. You can now edit and save these without having to check the box again. You’ll can then adjust these and save them without ticking the box again.
I've forgotten my password
If you’ve forgotten your password, that’s no problem at all! When you go to the login window, you’ll see “forgot password” below the login button. Click it and follow the steps. As soon as you have done this, you will receive a message saying your password has been reset and sent to the email address you provided. Then, follow these steps.
- Press “log in” again.
- Now enter your information and the password you received.
- Once you are logged in, you’ll be taken to your account page. Now click “Change password”. Enter the password you received via email again.
- Now choose a new password that’s easy to remember, but also safe.
- Confirm the password and press “change password”.
- You have now set a new password and can continue shopping.
How long should my diabolo string be?
We recommend the length equal to the distance from the ground up to chest or shoulder height.
- The length also depends on personal preference.
- In addition, the number of diabolos you intend to use at the same time plays a role: you would choose a longer string to use with multiple diabolos.
What is the best diabolo to start with?
We recommend a medium diabolo, which is also not too light.
A very good diabolo is the Diabolo Spinner, designed and manufactured by Circus JOJO.
My diabolo string breaks easily, why does this happen?
When your diabolo string breaks at the stick, this is probably because the top of the stick isn’t quite smooth. You can adjust this by using a soft piece of sandpaper to gently sand the top until it is smooth. By sometimes tying an extra knot at the ends of your string you can prevent friction from breaking your string. It may make your string a bit shorter, but you won’t notice much of a difference and, more importantly, your string will last much longer…
What is the Diabolo Spinner?
The Diabolo Spinner is a diabolo invented and designed by Circus JOJO.
It was designed in such a way that its weight makes it ideal for easy handling.
It weighs 230 grams. This is an ideal weight for novices and advanced users.
This diabolo is perfectly balanced, retains its shape, and does not wear.
The advantage here is that this diabolo can even be used on playgrounds.
This is a regional product: This diabolo is manufactured and assembled entirely in Belgium.
What's a good diameter for a diabolo string?
Circus JOJO has diabolo string from the Henrys brand. It has a thickness of 1.3 mm. This thickness is ideal to learn how to play with two diabolos. It’s also the right diameter for a diabolo with a wider bobbin. It’s available in the following colours: white, fluorescent green, fluorescent yellow, and fluorescent orange.
What's the difference between a wide and a narrow bobbin?
A narrow bobbin offers more control and is easier for novices. A wide bobbin offers slightly less control, but is nicer for certain tricks.
A good diabolo, even with a narrow bobbin, won’t give you any problems when wrapping the string around the bobbin twice, allowing you to reach higher speeds.
What are the pros and cons of a ball-bearing diabolo?
A diabolo with a ball-bearing bobbin will keep spinning for longer than a diabolo with a fixed bobbin. This allows you to perform certain tricks that will be harder or even impossible with a fixed-bobbin diabolo. The downside is that certain tricks are no longer possible with a ball-bearing bobbin. A diabolo with a ball-bearing bobbin is not recommended for novices.
Which diabolo sticks are better?
There are various types of diabolo sticks in existence.
For example: wooden, aluminium, carbon, or fibre sticks.
- The wooden sticks are cheapest and are mainly intended for people who have just begun playing diabolo. These sticks are 37 cm in length.
- The aluminium sticks are rather more sturdy, with hand grips for a better feel. It’s easier to grind your diabolo on the aluminium stick. We work with original brands such as Henrys, Mr. Babache and Play.
- The carbon sticks are the lightweight ones, ideal for when you want to do tricks that involve letting go of your sticks, as well as when you want to play with multiple diabolos at once. Lightweight sticks are also an advantage when you want to keep on playing for long periods of time. We recommend the short, 35 cm hand sticks.
- The fibre sticks are lightweight and flexible, which makes it easy to throw your diabolo high into the air. In other words, they bend a little. We generally recommend the short, 35 cm hand sticks.
Replacing yoyo sting
It’s important to replace your strings in time. After a while (depending on how much you play), there will be ‘string tension’ on your yoyo string. This means it will be more difficult to control your tricks and playing will also become more difficult. You can play with the same string for a long time. But the more you play, the faster it’ll wear out. Professional players sometimes even replace their string every couple of hours. The strings will very rarely break, since they are made of polyester or 50% polyester and 50% cotton.
Yoy string length
The ideal length for your yoyo string is when the yoyo just touches the ground when you hold your finger at the height of your navel when the string is on your finger. If the string is too long, you can cut it to the right length.
Yoyo rigidity and shock resistance
Never tighten a yoyo too much. If you tighten a yoyo too much, you could damage certain parts. You reach the right rigidity when you tighten it until you feel a resistance. It’s also best not to let your yoyo bump against any hard surfaces. If this happens, there is a good chance your yoyo will lose its balance or be heavily damaged.